- NEW! 2021.03.29
- News (日本語) やんばる森のおもちゃ美術館 貸切に伴う入館制限について
- News Kunigami Forest Park Website Renewal Open
- News About resumption of business
- News About reopening of Kunigami Village Forest Park (all facilities) and Yanbaru Forest Toy Museum
- News Yambaru Forest Toy Museum Notice of Temporary Closure
The Yambaru Forest Toy Museum
In the Museum there are many toys made from trees grown in Yambaru's forest, including Itajii evergreen and Okinawan pine trees. You will experience the charm of the forest through the warmth and beauty of the wood. Also, you can observe the heavens from the adjoining astronomical observatory.
Here you will find a surprising treasure trove of Yambaru's living creatures. There are infinite ways of enjoying the abundance of nature. Move your body and breathe in the fresh air of the forest! Really make the most of the experience by joining a guided tour!
- A message from Kunigami Forest Park
- Many local residents and rare living things live together in the Forest Park area. As a precaution public access is generally limited to between 9am and 10pm and we ask for your understanding and cooperation with regard to the following prohibited activities.
- Please do not:
- ・damage or pick/collect plants or trees
- ・capture animals
- ・make loud noises; using karaoke machines, generators, etc.
- ・use fireworks (including hand-held sparklers), open fires, camp fires, etc.
- ・walk pets or allow pets to stay in the compound
- ・park or stay overnight in camping vehicles without permission
- ・litter by not putting all garbage including empty cans in a designated trash can
- ・enter restricted areas
This is the entrance to Yambaru Forest, within the area designated as Yambaru National Park. Day and night, rare living creatures are going about their lives along the hilly roads and within the park grounds. Please show kindness to the local residents and critters by driving slowly and checking for living creatures on the roads.